Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu full time now!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu full time now!

Quote Originally Posted by linuxlovin View Post
    That's awesome man! If you got time, check out the security discussion section of the forum, a must read a very informative. Also, if your concerned about the prism stuff, just don't use any of the companies who support it. Switch search engines and find alternative email stuff. Is the alternatives safe? I think know one truly knows, but it's the votes that count.

I to recruit people to linux and like yourself have been able to find decent alternative software.
    Migrating from Google services was rather difficult because of how deep I was into using them with throughout all my devices. But I finally got it done. The hardest thing was finding an alternative email provider I was happy with, ended up going with Fastmail. Calendars, docs, chats, cloud storage, and search were all relatively easy to replace, tho. Now to try and woo more people over to Diaspora
    Last edited by Gnawnsense; June 26th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Beans

I just use my ISP for email. Gmail is for trash-mail.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Congratulations on being Ubuntu full time
    I hope to join the Linux only ranks someday.
    Always fun to see someone draw a hard line and stick to it!

Rick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I use these ad-ons for Firefox:
    NoScript (you already have it)
    Ghostery (gives you lots of info on the trackers that it is blocking when you have to let NoScript "Temporarily Allow")
    RefControl (Fakes the site that linked you to the site you're on. You can have fun by creating "strange" links or just leave it in default mode)
    AdBlock Plus ( for obvious reasons)

I don't fake the User Agent because I want sites to know that there are Linux users out there.
    I only use Chromium for sites that won't work in Firefox and make sure that I delete all history afterwards.

Enjoy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123