Thread: ubuntu touch and dual sim smartphones. is it possible??

Beans

ubuntu touch and dual sim smartphones. is it possible??

Hello to all!
    I'm an Italian user and I am following the development of ubuntu touch. I like it very much and I can't wait to try it.

Currently I use a dual sim phone, an alcatel 997d. I wanted to ask: will there ever be support for dual sim smartphones? my phone has a 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM so in theory could support ubuntu touch .. but in fact, this is possible?

Dual sim smartphones with Android are doing very successfully. Mark has decided to implement the management of two sim on ubuntu touch?? So maybe some Chinese company (as alcatel, oppo, zte, etc) adopts ubuntu touch and install ubuntu touch on some phones to sell ..in this way ubuntu touch could have more market.

what do you think?

thanks! regards

specialdo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: ubuntu touch and dual sim smartphones. is it possible??

I don't expect the official Ubuntu Phone software will support dual-sim, at least not at the beginning. However I do expect that the underlying software will be written well enough to support both radios, and a phone manufacturer would be able to write a dual-sim dialler and messaging app easily enough. One might even appear in the Ubuntu Software Center.

Don't expect dual-sim Ubuntu Phones in the first year, but after the platform gains traction they may well appear.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.