Thread: Window Remnants Stuck on the Desktop Background

Beans

Window Remnants Stuck on the Desktop Background

I just upgraded my Ratel Performance (ratp1) to 13.04 and I've started having a problem with minimizing windows. It is sporadic behavior so I still haven't isolated the cause. Sometimes, when I minimize a window, a jumbled remnant of the window contents are left on the desktop background. There doesn't seem to be any instability caused by the issue - I can still operate everything just fine, but my background becomes completely filled with whatever windows I have had open, even if I have closed everything. It's as if the desktop background is being overridden by these minimized windows.

Here's an image of the most recent occurrence. All windows are minimized and this view should be a clean, unobstructed desktop:
    Screenshot from 2013-06-22 09:28:08.jpg

I am running the stock Ratel Nvidia card and I suspect that is the issue, but I don't know how to go about troubleshooting any further and couldn't find any information in the forums. Has this issue been encountered before?
    Last edited by whollycow; June 22nd, 2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Clarification

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Window Remnants Stuck on the Desktop Background

Are you using the proprietary Nvidia driver?
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Actually, at the time I wasn't. I have switched to proprietary driver and that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Beans

i have this same problem: What can i do. someone please help

Beans

what could be the reason for this. I had updated the software from update manager. is this a bug?

http://postimg.org/image/ncf2tykul/
    Last edited by danrox; October 27th, 2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: left out picture of problem