Thread: ipod and ubuntu

Beans

ipod and ubuntu

basically too much trouble to bother wih ... I mucked aobut installing xp in virtual box but oh dear what crapola windows xp is. I
    work in a capacity than uses xp in order to communicate with others who can be in danger of their lives. what utter stupidity to
    use windows. the company used to have unix ... those were the days. but that's another story.

I like ubuntu I think its a really neat operating system that has some powerful programs on offer ... and for free no less. what
    stops me entirely is the ipod ... nasty things. work almost on itunes, very iffy on what they would play I found but it seems to be
    the only game in town. anway I purchased an android Nexus 7 for 200 dollars. I installed the android support software and easy
    as pi [ 3-1417 .... as to why this is "easy", i;m not quite sure ], nexus 7 is mounted and works wonderfully with ubuntu.

during work, I like to watch a movie or documentary during lunch hour ... relives the tension of working the night shift. so with the
    installation of android support software

http://askubuntu.com/questions/20756...transfer-files

gotta love it when a plan comes together ... I'm no computer whiz-kid but thankfully it was ezy to get the android nexus 7 to talk
    to ubuntu where the ipod is just about impossible.

Beans

Re: ipod and ubuntu

Ipods work fine on linux. I've owned a 2nd gen shuffle since the day I started using linux and now a 4th gen shuffle. They both work/worked just fine. A little fiddling and tinkering may be needed, but it all comes down to what you want to use to listen to your music.
    - In the Service of General Cuckoo -