Thread: Am Ive been hacked

Beans

Question Am Ive been hacked

Hi

I got a 2 Mega, a T2, speed connection with my ISP. Normal download speed its around 245kb/sec.
    If I go to my ISP speed test connection website wich is this one:

http://speedtest.ct.co.cr/

Its sais my download speed right now is 245kb/sec.

The thing is if I go to any other website on internet and download a file. For example Ubuntu,Google Chrome,Firefox,YouTube,Lubuntu, any other website. It sais my download speed is 56kb/sec, 100kb/sec, 150kb/sec.

If in all internet websites, I had a speed download around 245/sec. Wich is the speed Im paying to my ISP by contract. I would not be worried.
    But this is clearly not the case.

Am Ive been hacked my internet connection?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Am Ive been hacked

Try logging into your router and check the connection speed and list of connected devices. There may also be a log file showing how many errors are occurring.
    See the "Status" page.
    My router is at http://192.168.2.1/ but yours may be different. You need to know the router password.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

your isp is crap. Cheap ISPs give good speed to some sites, but bad speed to sites like youtube. THis is to save money.

What is your download speed for bittorrent?
    Last edited by marinara; June 22nd, 2013 at 09:00 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

A lot of things can affect your download speed, not just the top speed that your ISP claims to provide. Common reasons for speeds less than what you'd like include busy servers and a busy network between you and the website. The website from which you're downloading something might also have badnwidth limits imposed by their provider.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    A lot of things can affect your download speed, not just the top speed that your ISP claims to provide. Common reasons for speeds less than what you'd like include busy servers and a busy network between you and the website. The website from which you're downloading something might also have badnwidth limits imposed by their provider.
    +1

Beans

It was a problem with my ISP. There was nothing I could do to fix it from my home. The problem was not on my side. The only thing I could do was to call them and let them know about the problem.

They didnt take to long to fix it. One or two days.

Is working fine now.

Thank God I though an elite hacker was causing the hole thing.

Thanks