Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good bye forever windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

good bye forever windows 7

Yep no more windows 7 at all. All my games are running better then on windows and DIABLO 3 new patch just made the game AMAZING and runs better under ubuntu. Sorry i am just happy.

Beans

Re: good bye forever windows 7

Good to know. I will switch when Dota 2 native linux is coming. SC ist pretty ok under wine as well.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cRaZyBisCuiT View Post
    Good to know. I will switch when Dota 2 native linux is coming. SC ist pretty ok under wine as well.
    Yeah I'm gonna switch when dota2 is native also few friends of mine since the only game we're playing is dota2/dota for 6-7years already.

Beans
    Distro

you do know if you pay dota like 20 $ you get the beta linux client

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by snafu006 View Post
    You gonna be kidding me?????????? LOL
    How is it running under linux compered to windows ?

Edit: Why I can't find any info about this on the internet.
    Last edited by dak0; June 2nd, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

On Steam, if you've already bought Windows versions of games (I had bought the Orange Box for $5 on supersale), the (currently beta) Linux versions will show up in your games folder for download. It's nice (with Linux, of course) to download a game, hit "Play Now" and have the game start right up, unlike in Windows Steam, which practically always installs DirectX and .NET for each downloaded game.

I'm still booting up my Win7 partition about 3 times a month, mostly to play X-Com, which rocks.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Hi oldrocker99, I do have Dota2 on windows but we're talking about Linux client and so far I know no-one having it expect this guy snafu006

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dak0 View Post
    Hi oldrocker99, I do have Dota2 on windows but we're talking about Linux client and so far I know no-one having it expect this guy snafu006
    I don't have dota 2 but i did read some where and found beta
    http://www.webupd8.org/2013/02/dota-...tively-on.html

Dota 2 is an upcoming multiplayer online battle arena game developed by Valve. The game is currently available for early test access purchase and will be free-to-play when released. More about Dota 2 on Wikipedia.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by snafu006 View Post
    Then don't type such things of you are not sure about, and that guy you posted having Dota2 native clients works with Valve.

Edit: I really wonder where did you get that spend 20$ thing, read somewhere or you madeup that yourself?

Beans
    Distro

its 29.99 oooo i was 9$ off and from steam i QUOTE
    Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Learn more about Early Access.

What the developers say:

“At this point we don't really think of Dota 2 as a beta, but we also aren't ready for everyone to show up and start playing just yet. We are constantly updating the game with new heroes, bug fixes, and new features. We've still got work to do before we can support the number of players who've shown interest in Dota 2. Right now we're working on expanding our server infrastructure, which is the primary bottleneck.

Purchasing an Early Access pass will allow you join the Dota 2 community and help build the game. The more people we have generating ideas and providing feedback, the better Dota 2 will become. In addition, every single feature is avaliable to you and none of the items purchased or progress made will be lost or reset once the game is available for everyone.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast