Thread: LinuxWaves.com a trusted website??

Beans

LinuxWaves.com a trusted website??

Hello, I've been running Ubuntu for about a year and a half now (running soley for about 10 months), and my experience with Ubuntu has been absolutely wonderful, a large share of the credit for which, no doubt I owe the the Ubuntu community who always seem eager to share their knowledge with fledgeling users like myself. anyhow, this is not really a technical question, and honestly isnt Ubuntu related, but I nevertheless wanted to ask the members' opinion.

I finally started settng up thunderbird on my system this morning and as I enter my various emails into the system I get to my account a www.linuxwaves.com (which I recently set up for only a couple things) and I get an alet that informs me that the sites certificate is invalid, belongs to a different site, (etc etc) and warns against identity theft. So my question is whether or not this is an established site within the community (and I would be ok to add an exception to it through thunderbird) or if I would be better off droping the service entirely?

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: LinuxWaves.com a trusted website??

Trusted? I have no idea, but I took a quick look around LinuxWaves and didn't find any real activity or participation.
    For an active, knowledgeable and helpful forum (on a W I DE variety of topics), you can't do better than right here.
    "The piano ain't got no wrong notes."

-Thelonious Monk

Beans

Fair enough, I suppose. You are correct in that, I've never really had more than a couple issues that I couldn't resolve right here. I liked the idea of all of the linux related links, but I haven't gotten around to checking them out yet, and I suppose the simple fact that I asked in the first place means somethings off, i guess the common sense thing to do if I'm concerned about the email would be just using a well-known service in the first place.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

no updated certificate or no valid : too scary to be trusted (be aware of fake urls to send you spams or worst)