Thread: Problem with BD-ISO image

Beans

Problem with BD-ISO image

I have a BD-ISO image that I downloaded from the Internet, and I am trying to extract the movie from it. The problem I am having is that I cannot find any software on my linux 12.04 machine that can open the ISO image. I have tried several things like acetoneISO, VLC, Handbrake, Openshot video editor, Furious ISO mount, and others. Avidemux seems to be able to open it, but it crashes at the very end of the indexing step with some sort of assertion error. About the only thing I have found that will open and play the ISO image is my PopcornHour A-210 (a linux based media server) which has no problem with it at all, so I have to assume the image itself is good. I know very little about all of this video . . . stuff . . .so I don't know what information I could post that would be relevant.

So if anyone can get me started with either some software to try, some information to help get started trying to resolve this, or anything else relevant, I'm all eyes.

Thanks, and sorry about the lack of info so far.

X

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Problem with BD-ISO image

If VLC can't play the ISO, then maybe something wrong with the download. You could try with using 7zip, but archive manager should open the ISO.
    boot_info_script | AMD64 Athlon X2 Dual-Core - nVidia Geforce 6150 SE - 4GB DDR3

Beans

Re: Problem with BD-ISO image

I think the download should be ok since my PCH can play it across my home network without issue. And I mean this very same file, not a copy. My PCH has my computers disk drive nfs mounted. So my computer cannot open it for any of it's own applications, but CAN open it for the PCH.

Thanks,

X

P.S. Since the download is almost 50GB, I'd really rather not do it again either.