Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DisplayLink Adapter with Kernel 3.10rc6

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: DisplayLink Adapter with Kernel 3.10rc6

Quote Originally Posted by jaws222 View Post
    Celluloid, I am having the same issue on my Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon install after upgrading to the 3.10 kernel. it actually broke my Nvidia, but I installed the Noveau driver and everything works great with dual monitors like before, but when I add the 3rd monitor via Displaylink I see all 3 monitors, but like you get degraded performance. I tried a few lightweight DE like Razor-QT, XFCE and even Openbox, but no luck. i think part of my problem is the size of my Displaylink monitor, which is a 37 inch TV and my dual DVI monitors are two identical 19 inch Samsung monitors, but like you they all run fine under Windows. There's supposed to be a fix coming for the Nvidia under the 3.10 kernel so maybe that will help, but until then I'll just run dual monitors. Any suggestions?? Have you gotten any better results with your setup recently?
    I used the 3.10 final kernel which was a LITTLE better - but I could only get "decent" performance with KDE 4.10 (went so far as to install Kubuntu) with basically ALL effects turned off.
    Eventually, I just got tired of it and missed my Unity workflow too much so I've gone back to just 1x external monitor via VGA on my laptop.

Ultimately, I'd LOVE to go back to a 3rd monitor via DisplayLink, but we're not quite at a usable state yet.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by celluloid View Post
    I used the 3.10 final kernel which was a LITTLE better - but I could only get "decent" performance with KDE 4.10 (went so far as to install Kubuntu) with basically ALL effects turned off.
    Eventually, I just got tired of it and missed my Unity workflow too much so I've gone back to just 1x external monitor via VGA on my laptop.

Ultimately, I'd LOVE to go back to a 3rd monitor via DisplayLink, but we're not quite at a usable state yet.

Yeah, I feel the same way with my Cinnamon setup. Oh well, maybe they'll work out the bugs.

Beans

[QUOTE=celluloid;12697090]Hi all,

After MONTHS of attempting various different drivers and tweaks to get a couple of different DisplayLink adapters to work, I've installed Kernel 3.10rc6 and the adapter works pretty much out of the box!
    I've however found that performance (of my whole system) is severely degraded when using it. Within Windows, these adapters work really well, however the monitor connected via the adapter is somewhat slow (this is likely caused by USB 2.0 bandwidth) - but whilst using Ubuntu with the adapter, my whole system is slow.
    [/CODE]

What for an Adapter are you using? Where can you configure the Display? With 12.04 LTS (kernel 3.10) my screen turns on, but not more....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Questions regarding 12.04 should be posted in the support areas of the forum. Ubuntu +1 is for the latest pre-release (in this case 14.04).

Closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12