Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Ubuntu] Problems with xrdp and 12.04 and 10.04

Beans

[Ubuntu] Problems with xrdp and 12.04 and 10.04

I'm trying to connect to a computer running ubuntu 12.04 from a windows XP computer using mstsc. I've already installed xrdp through sudo apt-get install xrdp, but I can't establish a connection with the 12.04 computers at all.

On the other hand, there is a 10.04 computer with which I am able to establish a connection through xrdp, but using either the OK button to try to log in or the Cancel button results in a protocol error, reading

"Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again"

yielding the same result every time. I also installed x11rdp on the 10.04, but trying to log in through the x11rdp module results in the same error. Any insights are appreciated!

Beans

I'm trying to connect to a computer running ubuntu 12.04 from a windows XP computer using mstsc. I've already installed xrdp through sudo apt-get install xrdp, but I can't establish a connection with the 12.04 computers at all.

On the other hand, there is a 10.04 computer with which I am able to establish a connection through xrdp, but using either the OK button to try to log in or the Cancel button results in a protocol error, reading

"Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again"

yielding the same result every time. I also installed x11rdp on the 10.04, but trying to log in through the x11rdp module results in the same error. Any insights are appreciated!

Beans

Beans

Re: [Ubuntu] Problems with xrdp and 12.04 and 10.04

are you trying to connect with an NX compatible client?

Beans

RDP to ubuntu 10.04 from windows xp using x11rdp

When I try to connect to the ubuntu computer, I am met by this screen after logging in:

After which it stalls for a few seconds before closing without an error message.

Although it should look more like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbJ2tbXcHus#t=01m19s

Any insights to this problem would be greatly appreciated

Beans

RDP to ubuntu 10.04 from windows xp using x11rdp

When I try to connect to the ubuntu computer, I am met by this screen after logging in:

After which it stalls for a few seconds before closing without an error message.

Although it should look more like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbJ2tbXcHus#t=01m19s

Any insights to this problem would be greatly appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: RDP to ubuntu 10.04 from windows xp using x11rdp

Threads merged.

Please do not create multiple threads on the same subject.

I dilutes community effort to help you and creates work for staff.

EDIT:

Please, one thread and only one thread. You can always ask staff to move it for you if you feel it's in the wrong place.
    Last edited by matt_symes; June 19th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by cookbook View Post
    Is there a firewall running on the 12.04 computer? If so, have you allowed port 3389 through? What does this command show:
    Code:
    sudo ufw status verbose

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    Is there a firewall running on the 12.04 computer? If so, have you allowed port 3389 through? What does this command show:
    Code:
    sudo ufw status verbose
    Running
    Code:
    sudo ufw status verbose
    gives

Code:
    logging: on (low)
    Default: deny (incoming), allow (outgoing)
    New profiles: skip
    To         Action        From
    --         ------        ----
    22/tcp     ALLOW IN      Anywhere
    22/tcp     ALLOW IN      Anywhere (v6)

Beans

it's not a firewall issue, as they are connecting through SSH, I suspect it's a client that doesn't support NX

edit: try this client http://www.nomachine.com/download-client-windows.php

Last edited by HiImTye; June 19th, 2013 at 09:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast