Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Ubuntu not have [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux]? I can make it

Beans

Talking Why Ubuntu not have [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux]? I can make it

I has used Ubuntu Desktop for about 1 year. But I found it is not easy to use Ubuntu Desktop. I am a Chinese university student. I had learned English for many years. So I can use Ubuntu Desktop, witch has many English words. But many persions in company,government,school,financial institutions ... ... cannot understand English! In many country, too many persions donnot learn English! So Ubuntu Desktop cannot become [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux]!
    Ubuntu Desktop develops too fast to be not stable. If I use Ubuntu Desktop to be [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux], it will be some accidents when I use it to wrok!

Ubuntu Kylin for Chinese is just a garbage! It will not become [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux].

Why not Ubuntu Desktop learn from [SUSE Enterprise Desktop Linux] ? SUSE has not so many packages for users. In Chinese SUSE has no users. Ubuntu Desktop has became the most popular Desktop Linux. Why not build [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux] ? [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux] will make more money for Cannonical, Cannonical ltd and many employees who work for Ubuntu ?

I have a good idea to Make Ubuntu as an Enterprise Desktop Linux. [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux]'s target is giving service to Enterprises. We will earn money from them by providing technical service, like [Redhat Enterprise Server Linux]. Everyone can use it for free, but wo will earn money by providing technical service.

I have a project [One key one world] for Ubuntu to make Ubuntu as an Enterprise Desktop Linux . I want every one to help me or join me. If Ubuntu developers donnot want to support my project, I will develop the project by myself .

I just want to know wether Cannonical and Cannonical Ltd have interesting in my project or not.

[One key one world] is just a software, which contains many functions to make Ubuntu more easy to use. For example, I can use it to install and configure Apache2 web server , Vfstpd ftp server , or LAMP servers, and we just check Buttons to configure them. We can use Ubuntu as Server or Desktop Linux without Command.

Nowadays in China so many governments and enterprises use Microsoft Windows XP/7/2003/2008. But they will be easy to be hacked ! So Ubuntu can enter the markets of Chinese governments and enterprises. It will make money for Ubuntu.

I just want your helps for my project [One key one world].

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Why Ubuntu not have [Ubuntu Enterprise Desktop Linux]? I can make it

Moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS chat
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu had an enterprise edition called Ubuntu Business Remix. I used it for a while. I am not sure why, but they took it off of their website. Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 will be supported for 5 years and the software for that release should stay solid, as it does not get the newest releases of softwares.
    Thank you for your contributions. "So long and thanks for the fish!"

Beans

How to [Moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS chat] ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by yitianlang View Post
    How to [Moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS chat] ???
    Are you asking why it was moved?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

There is no difference between Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Business Remix. So Ubuntu Business Remix has failed !

Beans

You has moved it . Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by yitianlang View Post
    There is no difference between Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Business Remix. So Ubuntu Business Remix has failed !
    No, there were a lot of slight differences between the desktop and business remix.
    The business remix contained some non-free stuff, as I remember.
    Like VMware.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu is translated in my language. you can translate it as well if it's not already. i doubt the translation is any worse than MS.

what you are doing then is a GUI for server. such as Zentyal, or Webmin. i think server GUIS are good for those that do not like to use command line.

UBuntu as it is is also used at businesses arround the world. i imagine most of them use 12.04 LTS because of it's 5 years support (though Red ha has 7 i believe). the release is frozen and onyl gets hardware enablement updates (every once in a while) and a few programmes (such as browsers) upgrade. the rest stays frozen.

i am not sure the issue you see here, but to me everything you try to do already exists. only maybe it doesn't have good chinese translation.

there is no need to hack windows. microsoft apparently let's the authorities (US) know about security holes (backdoors) a few months before they are patched.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There is one simple way to change Canonical policy - buy the company! Otherwise you should work hard helping to develop Ubuntu and after many years you will get respect from the Ubuntu community and your opinions will be accepted as valuable. But that will not mean your opinions will be adopted as the path for Ubuntu to follow. There is a good reason why people on this forum used to say, "Ubuntu is not a democracy."

Canonical is not trying to make Ubuntu the most installed operating system on desktop machines. Microsoft already has that position and sales of desktop machines are falling. So, there is little commercial future for Canonical in that direction.

Nor, is Canonical trying to compete with Apple and Google on mobile devices. That is a battle that Canonical will not win because Canonical does not have the spending power of those two companies. Further more, Canonical is a software company. It is not going to become a hardware company, which both Apple and Google are.

You have failed to mention the direction that Canonical is taking Ubuntu in. And you fail to mention the good situation that Canonical/Ubuntu are in as regards the authorities in China. Ubuntu Kylin is part of that. Now that it is accepted as part of the Ubuntu family there will be greater cooperation between Canonical and the developers of Kylin which will bring many improvements to the distribution. It will also help Ubuntu become a recognised brand name among Chinese people.

http://www.canonical.com/content/can...-collaboration

In one sense all this is none of my business - I am not a Canonical shareholder. I am a Ubuntu desktop user. I would like a Ubuntu Touch device. I wait and see how things turn out. In the mean time I have an excellent distribution of Free and Open Source Software.

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; June 18th, 2013 at 01:44 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast