Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: been trying to use ubuntu for a few years

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: been trying to use ubuntu for a few years

What is the make and model of printer. Perhaps someone can help you with a bit more information
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:Ubuntu 14.04TrustyTahr with Cinnamon DE Boot: EFI File System:EXT4

Beans

I get so upset when I try to get a piece of hardware to work with linux. Sorry for the rant, but if you knew what had happened in my life the week before you'de understand my rage. As I said, I started in Ubuntu with 8.4 thus "several years" . I liked it so much, I gave up my windows formatted my computers, and went with linux on all of my PCs and laptops. By the way, I did get it to print.

Beans

Well I have very good experience with printers. Have an epson which works out of the box, HP at work also works out of the box (whereas it doesn't work with Windows 7 after work computers upgrade from Windows xp) Went to my brother's place, plug a Ubuntu usb into his computer and printed right the way from his HP printer, he was like "WTF???? How come you don't have to install any driver??!!"

In general I have had no issue whatsoever with random hardware like usb wireless cards and webcams that I see lying around. But if I am shopping for hardware myself I would do some research first. Some manufacturers only support Windows, but it is not Linux's fault, you should vent your frustrations at them instead.
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; June 19th, 2013 at 03:23 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123