Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wich is the latest version of Chromium Browser?

Beans

Re: Wich is the latest version of Chromium Browser?

Thread has entered the realm of recurring discussions.

I highly doubt it will take Firefox's place as the default browser at this rate.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

To back up the first sentence in my post #9, here's a link: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lu...er/003006.html

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    To back up the first sentence in my post #9, here's a link: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lu...er/003006.html
    OK. So is this the PPA to use, then? https://launchpad.net/~cmiller/+arch...r-stable-daily

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by malspa View Post
    OK. So is this the PPA to use, then? https://launchpad.net/~cmiller/+arch...r-stable-daily
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about that. I think OP was interested in the version available from the Software Center, in other words, no ppa.

(BTW, I use Firefox beta direct from Mozilla, Chrome beta from Google's ppa, Seamonkey from seamonkey-project.org, Chromium from the Software Center and play a little with xombrero from a lubuntu ppa.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I love Ubuntu but sometimes the way they do things like this can drive me crazy...Chromium still in version 25 with no newer versions? It's a good thing i use Chrome...it puts a chrome ppa in your software updater and in fact i just got version 28 which was just released to the stable channel....i get the new stable like 1 day after it's available in the channel...

And that bug report about the touchpad settings changes not locking in and reverting to the default when you close the window... i reported in FEBRUARY and still hasn't been assigned to fix yet...a very obvious bug too...hasn't even been fixed in 13.10 (i checked)....unbelievable...and this is supposed to be a good replacement for windows or mac?

Let's not forget Brasero, the default disc burner...hasn't worked right in years...even XF-BURN is far far superior and of course K3b as well...

Or the MS-Core Fonts agreement not popping up right when downloading Ubuntu Restricted Extras (that windows hides underneath the software center window so it can be easy to miss) broken for quite a long time now...and still broken on 13.10 as well...all obvious problems...

I wish they would get on the stick...Ubuntu has been getting so nicely polished, has great features and looks great too...so it really saddens me when i see stuff like this...
    Last edited by craig10x; June 18th, 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Well, I tried it in Kubuntu 12.04 but couldn't get chromium-browser to launch, so I'd say no, don't try it.

Code:
    steve[~]$ chromium-browser
    ./third_party/tcmalloc/chromium/src/free_list.h:118] Memory corruption detected.
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    steve[~]$
    I removed the PPA and got rid of that version of Chromium, then reinstalled Chromium 25. Whatever.

Beans
    Distro

I'm with you, craig10x. In Ubuntu and Kubuntu, I simply use Chrome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Yep...the only way to go, malspa

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    ... i just got version 28 which was just released to the stable channel....
    Interesting that it's just for Linux currently!

Beans

I dont get what the big fuss about with Chromium not being up to date, if its not a security update or improves features then its not really worth the fuss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast