Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ubuntu 13.04 select applications to open when media player is detected ?

Beans

Re: ubuntu 13.04 select applications to open when media player is detected ?

Are you quoting the path because of the space used in sansa clip ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    Are you quoting the path because of the space used in sansa clip ?
    yes, but also when I cd to the location of the /media/agent86 and then ls I can see the directories shown. One directory is the sansa clip with a space.
    The other is the flash drive. I can cd to the flash but not to the sansa clip. So I basically cannot cd into that directory whatever that directory really is.

And here is the bash script I'm attempting to use to run the python script not really relevent but anyhow.

bash script:
    python script here:
    The python script runs when I run the bash script manually with either of these commands:
    bash usb-copy.sh
    or
    sh usb-copy.sh

But when the usb device is plugged I get the notify part and the python script does not run.

I would be happy either way, either cp commands or the python script or both.
    Thanks

P.S
    The strangest thing is that the python script uses the same path. The one I expect it to use when I open the device and press ctrl+l to see the path bar.
    Last edited by AgentZ86; June 23rd, 2013 at 05:58 PM.

Beans

Don't know????
    Works here.
    I did label the sansa clip I think, a couple of years back using mlabel.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...AT16_and_FAT32
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AgentZ86 View Post
    Oh ok.
    I thought you said you were quoting the path because of the space in the name?
    Goodluck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123