Thread: keep computer from going to sleep

Beans

keep computer from going to sleep

I have a bar and I use ubuntu to run a libre office impress slideshow with our events and specials on it. The slideshow works great except the computer keeps going to sleep after about 20 minutes. I changed a preference setting to not go to sleep but its still happening. Where are all of the settings that control sleep, screensavers, hibernating and energy options? I'm not good with command line so hopefully there's GUI ways to fix this. I've Google's but it's all been over my head. All help is really appreciated!

Beans

Re: keep computer from going to sleep

~
    Last edited by ahallubuntu; June 24th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

Beans

Maybe it's the hardware that's doing it, i.e. the display more than likely has power, screen saving features. A little more info on your setup would help.

Beans

The display is actually a TV and I don't think there's any setting on it that's doing that. Its either HDMI or VGA out but I can't remember. Ill get in there in the morning and see and give more specifics on the os version and hookups and display information. Thanks for the information so far!

Beans

Thanks for the help. I was missing the setting in brightness and lock, that was it. Thanks again!