Thread: Is that spam?

Beans

Is that spam?

Hi,

What about this content of email?

I am wondering if it is true or not. Could sbdy check if it is a spam email or not ?

Have you seen Emails with Paypal requesting your own account information are sometimes sent?

I mean it shall be a higher security than just an anti-spammer.

An international blocked email address list shall be posted on ubuntu, so that an evolve spammer check if it may be harmful or belongs to spam.

Example of spam:
    Killer Instinct 3 has been announced at E3 2013!

I'm sending this message to you because you were a valued member of the old forum! I would like to personally invite you to the new site! You're contributions to the site were very helpful and we need you at the new forum!

We've redesigned the whole site and started a new community, it just opened 6/10/13 - the day KI3 was announced.

Please come by and get all your KI3 news, chat with gamers about the new game and the classic Killer Instinct titles! We've got lots of coverage on the new game, videos, screenshots and suggestions for the developer! This is an exciting time for a Killer Instinct fan. It's been 17 years since the last major KI release, come celebrate with us!

www.killerinstinctonline.net

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Is that spam?

Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    Hi,

Have you seen Emails with Paypal requesting your own account information are sometimes sent?
    If you receive an email that requests account details that should already be known to the sender and that wouldn't normally be communicated by email, be very suspicious.

Have a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If someone really has lost your account info, they won't have your email address in the first place.

*Any* unsolicited email claiming to be from *any* business or site that has even a piece of your financial info should be ignored. *Never* click on a link that's been included in such mail.

If you think a business actually needs your attention, go to their site via a a known good URL you enter manually or have bookmarked.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The link is dead anyway, I just get a 404.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Also, it's not properly written, so if it's supposed to come from a serious site, I wouldn't trust it:

You're contributions to the site were very helpful(...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa