Thread: Migrating from Mythdora

Beans

Migrating from Mythdora

Hi all,

I have a very stable version of mythdora running (10.21), but would like to migrate over here when i update my hardware.
    The sticking point is my DB. Its a good size DB (i have a 10TB system) and the Mrs + kids wants to keep everything.
    Given that i have a 0.21 version DB i thought the best way to migrate would be install 9.10 and then upgrade until i have the latest version.

The problem is i cant find a copy of 9.10. The historical links on the download page are 404, and any torrents i find a long since abandoned.

1 - Is my install then upgrade theory sound?
    2 - Any tips on where i can get 9.10 (and the other historical versions)?

Thanks
    AN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Advice needed to migrate from mythdora.....

Hi, welcome to the Forum.

Your second question answered first. The old releases can be found here. http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/

In response to your first question, your 10TB of data is in a raid array I presume.

Is the installed OS on a separate HDD or is it on a partition as part of the array?

If the OS is separate then you could clean install 9.10 and upgrade to 10.04 LTS and then 12.04 LTS (Long Term Support) the relatively quick way.

Also you could start with 9.10 and upgrade through every release. This is the slow way with lots more chances of breakage along the way.

Which is the best way to go? I have no idea because really I have never dealt with any form of Raid installation and do no want to suggest you do something that could hose your system.

For the best route to take you need someone who understands what is involved with Raid.

Beans

Thanks Westie,

I have a 60Gb boot drive that holds my OS, the rest is just a collection of various sized hard drives with recordings and videos spread across them.

Thanks for the link - there was no Mythbuntu there, is it just a matter of installing regular ubuntu 9.10 and installing mythtv 0.21?
    I was aiming for a mythbuntu 9.10, but i will take what i can get.

Thanks

AN

Beans

Sorry - i found it!

Thanks for your help.

AN