Thread: Cant right click in unity desktop after installing gnome 3 in ubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cant right click in unity desktop after installing gnome 3 in ubuntu 13.04

Hi,
    I installed gnome 3.8 in ubuntu 13.04 yesterday. I also had installed gnome-fallback. I replaced lightdm with gdm. At that time the network icon was visible only in gnome and right click on desktop was working only in gnome.both were not visible/working in gnome-fallback and unity. I thought it was some gdm problem and i started with lightdm now. I am able to see the network icon in all three still the right click in desktop(where you change backgrouds and stuffs) works only in gnome not in unity and gnome-fallback. Please help thanks.

Edit: Also my files are not visible in desktop but are visible in nautilus /home/Desktop
    Last edited by rj7; June 14th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    What man is a man who does not make the world better?

Beans

Re: Cant right click in unity desktop after installing gnome 3 in ubuntu 13.04

Install gnome-tweak tool and ensure "have file manager manage the desktop" option is set.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I tried that.. but if I let file manager handle my desktop the desktop doesn't work properly.. it gets struck or the screen does clear our.. example if I had opened any file or folder from desktop even after minimizing or closing that file or folder images doesn't clear.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can you upload a screen shot using manage attachments . Gnome 3.8 is still use at your own risk and comes with a new version of the file manager when installed.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by markbl View Post
    Install gnome-tweak tool and ensure "have file manager manage the desktop" option is set.
    Thanks! Worked for me!