Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Application runs fine from the IDE but when run from the exe, the app crashes

Beans

Application runs fine from the IDE but when run from the exe, the app crashes

Hi, I have an app that picks up data from txt files through a GTK interface. The app runs fine from netbeans but when the compiled App is run, the GTK interface comes up, and then the app crashes.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Application runs fine from the IDE but when run from the exe, the app crashes

Hello!

What language?

Are you running this from the terminal?

Do you get any messages?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Application runs fine from the IDE but when run from the exe, the app crashes

Hi,

Its developed in C++ using Netbeans I am running it from a GTK+ interface. I do not get any messages, the GTK GUI just disappears.
    Last edited by nasdaqtr; June 12th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Are you starting it from the terminal?

Beans

No, I double click on the GTK to run it from.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

You might try to run it from the terminal to see if you get any messages.

Beans

Interesting thing is that on some machines the exe runs, but on other machines the exe does not run, all those machine are running Ubuntu 12.04. When I tried to run it from the terminal, the GTK interface came up and again when I load a certain text file containing some initialization variables the app crashes. The interface always comes up, it only crashes on some machines when you load up those configuration files. Thanks for your help and insight.

Beans

I get the following on one machine when i loaded the configuration file, " " terminate called after throwing an instance of "std:ut of range" what () vector::M_range_check""

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Are you reading anything into an array, like from your config file?

Is the array appropriately sized?

Are you traversing the array in such a manner that you go beyond the subscript range, such as searching for substrings?

32/64 bit issues?
    Last edited by QIII; June 12th, 2013 at 03:51 AM.

Beans

Yes I am reading from an array. But I have checked through that code several times and find that it is water tight. I have gotten it audited by a senior colleague as well. And the code runs well on the same machine from the IDE in Netbeans. It is only when I run on exe, the GTK window comes up, and then while loading up the same files that were fine when being loaded from the IDE cause a crash. Do you suggest slecting the 64-bit option when compiling from Netbeans since I currently have it on default.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast