Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swaziland (in Southern Africa) institutes new law against high flying witches.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Swaziland (in Southern Africa) institutes new law against high flying witches.

Crazy I know, here is the news article:

swazi-witches by georgelappies, on Flickr

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Sw...y-low-20130515

Included a link to a reputable news site (the CNN of South Africa) carrying the story as well so as to make any sense to anybody reading this post

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Swaziland (in Southern Africa) institutes new law against high flying witches.

>.<

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Swaziland (in Southern Africa) institutes new law against high flying witches.

Wut!?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

nguka Mswati lapho akudlalwa bayatsakatsa (its Swaziland if u don't know, they witchcraft like nobody's business [in Swazi language])
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Wut!?
    This is for real I kid you not

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Sounds reasonable to me. A witch has a much larger mass than a goose or duck and could cause much more mayhem if sucked into an engine of an aircraft making its final descent. And that's not taking into account the damage the broomstick could do either.

Perhaps someone needs to tell Harry Potter to pass the word around at Hogwarts. He could use an owl to deliver memos to all the other students. So long as the owl isn't a big one and flying at above 150m in restricted airspace, I suppose.

Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Well crud, looks like I will have to leave my broom at home next time I head over to South Africas Swaziland.. Someone better email Merry Poppins to forget her umbrella as well...
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Mrs QIII is very unhappy about this.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

However, witchcraft isn't a joking matter in Swaziland.
    Hm, I thought everything was a joking matter in Swaziland. I stand corrected.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Well crud, looks like I will have to leave my broom at home next time I head over to South Africas Swaziland.. .
    Swaziland is independent, not part of South Africa. Would be better off if it was.

The country is governed, in a manner of speaking, by Africa's last all-powerful monarch. A constitution and a parliament of sorts do exist. But, via a combination of rampant corruption, stunning incompetence, and meek deference to the royal will, Swaziland has become a failed state waiting to happen. Among other attributes, it has the highest HIV rate on the planet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast