Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD Burner Feedback Requested...(XF Burn)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: DVD Burner Feedback Requested...(XF Burn)

@ QNEPFmr: It's been quite some time since my original post...I am pleased to tell you that things have really turned around for Brasero and it has become my favorite dvd burner

Since my original post, Brasero has gotten a new maintainer who took it over and he really got things working well in it! Brasero now does an EXCELLENT job of burning dvds and has more versatility then XF BURN (which is also good but Brasero has more features)...

One important tip though...go to "edit" in the menu selection and under "plug ins" bring up that window and UNCHECK the two boxes that refer to CHECKSUM....once they are turned off, it burns dvds super fast!
    (like about 9 minutes for a 4.7 gb dvd) If you leave them on, the burn takes like forever (at least twice as long)....it isn't needed..

You can even rip encypted dvds to make an unencryted copy if you have the libdvdcss2 codec installed (just like K3b will do)....
    It's gone from a unusable burner to an excellent one...

Don't know if it is possible to add subs to xvid or avi...perhaps someone else here knows...
    Last edited by craig10x; December 26th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12