Thread: PulseAudio Volume Control

Beans

Question PulseAudio Volume Control

Hi Group,

I have a specific scenario that needs a solution. Right off the bat I'll let you know that this might not be the right forum for this question, but if I even get one good lead I appreciate it.

I have a laptop running Kubuntu 12.10 connected to external speakers via bluetooth. What I'm looking for is a PulseAudio volume control app like pauvcontrol for my Android phone so that I can control the volume without touching my laptop.

I'm not looking to connect the phone directly to the speakers via bluetooth and turn the phone into the source of the media stream. Let's not even go there please.

My googling so far has only turned up results about sending the actual audio stream to or from the Android device. Again, not interested. I just want to control the volume.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

~b

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: PulseAudio Volume Control

I did have an Android app that let you control Amarok from a phone, and I think that had a volume control, so if it's just media that might be useful. Can't remember the name at the moment, but if you're interested I could look it up.

You could SSH in, but I don't imagine that using the command line is quite what you had in mind.
    None but ourselves can free our minds