Thread: restart without a login password

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

restart without a login password

Hello

I am able to restart my ubuntu 12.04 server (+ Ubuntu-Desktop installed) without reentering my password. Has anyone else experience similar? There is one import fact I should add that I am running Centrify's CentrifyDC package this enable the joining of an Active directory domain. I am connected and logged in when I do a restart. The desktop is unity.
    On the last two restarts this has happen so it is repeatable and has happen before several times. But now i feel that this should be highlighted to the community.

I will now log out and log in as a local machine use and see if the same is true.

[Edit]

I find that the choice of a local user requires the entry of a password after a restart. I therefore expect the same of an Active Directory Domain user. But find that it is not. I will raise this with Centrify.

Notes

After login out of the AD Domain user and logging in tot the local user I found that on restart the old pasword for the Active Direcory Domain user nolonger worked until that is i logged in as the local user again and did a

ssh AciveDirectory.DomainUser@Domain.co.uk
    password : Existing password

After that the login worked at the login prompt screen.
    Last edited by Neill_R; June 9th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.