Thread: Geany editor - language files.

Beans
    Hidden!

Geany editor - language files.

For gedit and medit there is a language file available for "conky".

Does anyone know how to do this with geany? For all the searching I have done all I can find is "themes" ... that's not what I'm looking for.

Beans

Re: Geany editor - language files.

I do know that Geany will colorize the syntax as long as the conky file is labeled as conkyrc,
    but I do not know how to get the same result with any of my oddly named conky files.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Geany editor - language files.

Quote Originally Posted by falldown View Post
    I do know that Geany will colorize the syntax as long as the conky file is labeled as conkyrc,
    but I do not know how to get the same result with any of my oddly named conky files.
    That's because it is recognizing the conkyrc ending as a config file, but it's not the same.

The conky.lang file is specific to a file that has *conky* anywhere in the name --- or on the first line of the conky file, I think:

Code:
    <language id="conkyrc" _name="Conky" version="2.0" _section="Others">
      <metadata>
    <!--    <property name="mimetypes">text/plain</property> -->
        <property name="globs">*conky*</property>
        <property name="line-comment-start">#</property>
      </metadata>
    and it looks different:

If you renamed your conkys to "oddly_named_conky.rc" they will always be considered a "config file" by geany.

conky.lang - for medit and gedit can be downloaded from the links in the first post.

If anyone knows how to do this I'm willing to try and convert it to a working solution for geany but I don't know how.