Version 1.0.1, the last version of "Ubuntu MATE", fixed bugs and added GDebi.
A new project will start with another name and more features
More news will be posted at https://facebook.com/163520440489115 , the page will be renamed and a new project will be registered at Sourceforge. Ubuntu MATE main project will be updated with details about the new project.
Wait 25 minutes, the 1.0.1 version will be online (my internet is slow :/ )
Ubuntu MATE is simple and flexible. You can enjoy a desktop environment that is lightweight and familiar, especially if you used Ubuntu versions under 10.10.
It's based on Ubuntu latest LTS release, so you will have a very stable experience, compatible with older and newer hardware.
MATE desktop environment is lightweight and should work fine even with no 3D graphics card and lower RAM and processor specifications.
Ubuntu MATE brings the stability of Ubuntu 12.04 plus the interface you're used to. So, you don't need to be stuck at 10.04
- MATE as default desktop environment (+ Caja, Atril, MATE Terminal and other forks by MATE Desktop developers)
- Stable, fast and easy to use desktop environment
- Comes with some extra themes
- Stable operating system, based on Ubuntu latest LTS (Long Term Support) release.
- Use MDM as login manager, it's easily customizable and fully compatible with MATE.
- Comes with VLC as default video player, Exaile as default audio player, Synaptic instead of Ubuntu Software Centre, Pidgin instead of Empathy...
- You don't need to relearn how to use your desktop after every single release.
- Desktop is clean and you can change it the way you want.
- Can run on older hardware and at computers with low specs.
- And more.
Minimal hardware requirements
At least 384MB of RAM
At least 8GB of Hard Disk Storage Space
700 MHz processor (about Intel Celeron or better)
VGA capable of 800x600 screen resolution
DVD Drive (don't tested USB boot)
Internet Connection is helpful if you want to install other languages.
Click here to access the known bugs.
Download links and more info here.