Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What GTK themes are you all using?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What GTK themes are you all using?

On my main computer (Mint 13) I'm using a theme called Gray Revenge. http://alecive.deviantart.com/art/Gr...-1-7-194633730

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

This thread had me switch to Mediterranean White. I don't really care for the Mac-style window controls colors, but otherwise, it's quite a gorgeous theme.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I like Faience Claire from this pack.

http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/GTK...ence-255097456

and Siva Flat Darkest Mod which is a theme I modified.

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=158058

Beans

I like Faience Claire/Ocre/Mod but right now I prefer using a stylish, unique theme like Smoothly than a Macish theme.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

One of the things I really like about a lot of the Mac-type themes, though, isn't uniquely Macish or anything to do with the chrome and the button styles - it's just the way the titlebars blend smoothly with the GTK theme with no edge. I've always been a little picky about that; it's sort of a pet peeve, one of the reasons I really liked Orta, and one of the reasons I think Shell is more attractive than Unity at defaults. I don't see the need for the extra UI clutter, and it looks awful on some apps, particularly GTK2 ones, since GTK3 at least matches the toolbars to the titlebar color, which tends to make a smooth transition. For some reason, something like Ambiance, where that big, thick, heavy grey title bar just stops on its bottom edge without any shading, really bothers me, and there are light themes that have a titlebar that's shaded to be "rounded" on both edges, or flat in a way that looks like a "card" behind the rest of the app, which looks better, but it still seems like clutter. (Not the package clutter, which is fine of course. = ) And unclutter is nice, too - go thine way, silly mouse pointer getting in the way of crap I'm trying to read.)

I'd thought that OSX had a hard edge between the titlebar and toolbar - it doesn't, of course, so this is just another often-imitated feature of Aqua. But it's a nice one.

Last edited by Copper Bezel; June 11th, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

When was orta stopped being developed?
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Bezel View Post
    One of the things I really like about a lot of the Mac-type themes, though, isn't uniquely Macish or anything to do with the chrome and the button styles - it's just the way the titlebars blend smoothly with the GTK theme with no edge.
    With Openbox I always hand edit the config file for the theme, changing the window bar color to match the GTK theme as you specify. You can do this with any openbox theme very easily with gcolor2 (color finder) and a quick search-and-replace. Example.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sports fan Matt View Post
    When was orta stopped being developed?
    Orta will work 12.04 and seems to have stooped there.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/o...-to-install-it
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cortman View Post
    With Openbox I always hand edit the config file for the theme, changing the window bar color to match the GTK theme as you specify. You can do this with any openbox theme very easily with gcolor2 (color finder) and a quick search-and-replace. Example.
    I'm not hardcore enough for the simpler wms - I like my desktop effects - but that does look very nice. = )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Any one have any more?
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast