Thread: Top Bar behavior?

Beans

Top Bar behavior?

So I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 with default desktop (Unity) and have a question regarding the behavior of the top menu bar for different applications? With XBMC the top bar disappears as soon as the application launches. However, with MythTV the top menu bar stays visible even during video play back.

I've installed the compiz manager tool as well as the Unity utility application but neither has an option for auto hiding the top bar. So seeings as XBMC is able to hide it is there an option in the application that forces this and if so can I add this to MythTV frontend to do the same?

Thanks
    Andrew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Top Bar behavior?

The XBMC standalone session is independent and does not open inside of Ubuntu and that would explain the lack of a panel. I have not used Myth TV but I suspect there is a reason for the panel and so F11 would be the full screen option. As for Unity there is currently no way to auto-hide the panel and know of no plans to add the feature.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Re: Top Bar behavior?

Thanks for the information. And yep had already found there was no auto hide function for Unity though can't understand why they would take this option away while leaving the ability for the launcher?

Anyway did find this link which mentions the "Legacy" mode for full screen and this works for MythTV:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/75150...ontend-is-full