Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 doesn't recognize wireless

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 doesn't recognize wireless

Quote Originally Posted by jdhoskins View Post
    After reboot the bios screen comes up, then the splash screen flashes a couple of times and nothing but black...I'm guessing display drivers because when I try to boot and use recovery mode it sticks at a line that says "fb: conflicting fb hw usage inteldrmfb vs EFI VGA - removing generic driver. However, it stays stuck on that line and never moves on.
    I am guessing display as well. I suggest you ask in General Help. http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=331 Sorry for your trouble.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jdhoskins View Post
    I'm guessing display drivers because when I try to boot and use recovery mode it sticks at a line that says "fb: conflicting fb hw usage inteldrmfb vs EFI VGA - removing generic driver.
    I'm quite certain it is a graphics driver or its configuration issue. As a quick-fix, you may try adding "nomodeset" option (or other vesa modes) to the grub boot line. You can easily and safely try this using boot repair live cd : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Bo...g_Installation

(or just manually edit the boot line by pressing "e" at the grub menu > add "nomodeset" (without quotes) before or between "quiet splash" > ctrl+x to boot with it.)

If that doesn't help, you should start a relevant thread in general help section as Dr. chili suggested.

Sorry for the additional trouble, but I can assure it is unrelated to what we are dealing with here.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags
    Am I not replying your post? This is why.

Beans

Thanks for the help fellas. I think I'm gonna have to just start over from scratch though. The computer hangs at that message and won't boot into recovery mode. I think for some reason the kernel updates didn't like that generic driver I was using for the display. If I load the original kernel I can at least get to grub but startx gives errors indicating that xorg isn't working and for some reason I can't uninstall, reinstall nor download anything related to it because it says it can't be found. I think the best thing to do is just start over with a clean slate and see what I can do.
    Last edited by jdhoskins; July 8th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011