Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl Troubles IRL... -.-

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Girl Troubles IRL... -.-

Ok so I have no idea whether this was the right place to post this topic but it said 'lighthearted and enjoyable discussions' and so I needed to get this out of my system.

Ok so first of all, I've liked this girl for 3-4 months now and so I didn't know if she liked me back. I finally found out and when I did I found that she used to like me, but moved on to liking one of my good friends. At first when I told him that she liked him, he was like "I know but i don't like her back", then, a couple of weeks later, I find that he had been practically forced into liking her by one of HER FRIENDS and now they are dating. I'm not ticked, i'm actually really happy for them, but whenever I try to move on, something always keeps preventing me.

Can anyone help me at all cause I seem to be on the point of emotional collapse right now. I have been told many things, form moving on to giving it some time. I have no idea what to do next.
    My computer specs: -Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) -Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40GHz
    -Frequency:3389.176 MHz -Graphics Card: Intel 82Q963/Q965 Integrated Graphics Controller
    -L2 Cache:2048 KB
    -RAM:3 GB

Beans

Re: Girl Troubles IRL... -.-

You know something along the lines of this happened to me last year, as a curious question do u happen to be me from the past? Or have i found another human that shares my luck in irony and bad timing?

Beans

In my opinion, the best things you can do are as follows:

1) Stop thinking about her and realize there are plenty of other girls out there. 3-4 months may seem like a long time to invest emotionally, but in the grand scheme of things it's really not. Move on to other people, do other things to keep busy, and don't let this get in the way of friendships.
    2) Learn from this experience. Next time you like someone as much as you apparently liked this girl, ask her out. Being rejected feels a lot better than what you are experiencing now, because it brings closure, and the next time it won't be as big a deal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Bro.
    I'm sorry your feelings are not shared.
    But bro, life is long. There are so many interesting people on this planet - you have no idea. And even if it feels really hard to deal with it today and cope with how things are you have to be strong.

The best tip I can give you is, break away from your circle. Most of the times we build up habits around what we like, which in a way reinforce the feeling we get from whatever it is we enjoy (person, smoking, food, whatever, etc). So if you want to get away from it, just break away from it.
    I know it's really hard to disrupt ones habits, because we all like familiarity. It's safe. It's known. But man, go out there into the unknown. Keep an open mind to the world and when you least expect it - at the most obscure moment - you will find someone who fits you like a glove.
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword...but Steven Seagal is mightier than the Pen AND the Sword. http://tinyurl.com/ybnsx2w
    Don't have Dropbox or any cloud-hosting yet? Click this -->http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE1MDE3NzY5

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by fontis View Post
    I know it's really hard to disrupt ones habits, because we all like familiarity. It's safe. It's known. But man, go out there into the unknown. Keep an open mind to the world and when you least expect it - at the most obscure moment - you will find someone who fits you like a glove.
    well said.

for men especially, the problem is actually not there.

i solved my problem by realising:
    1. for some reason i found there are plenty of "soulmates" out there. plenty of girls i am "compatible" with.
    2. there are almost 2 women for each man. so i should just relax as eventually i will find a still single soulmate that would like me back.

so i was burden free and suddenly they came like bees to honey and they still do. that bothers me more than my wife it seems. since i don't have time for them and my decision about my soulmate was made.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by montag dp View Post
    Learn from this experience. Next time you like someone as much as you apparently liked this girl, ask her out. Being rejected feels a lot better than what you are experiencing now, because it brings closure, and the next time it won't be as big a deal.
    This ^^

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

If you live in fear of rejection or failure, you'll never get anywhere.

You're obviously very young; just think about things this way, 'what's the worst that can happen'.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by soloman469 View Post
    I seem to be on the point of emotional collapse right now.
    You'll get through it, don't worry. Try doing something that makes you focus on things outside of yourself.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    If you live in fear of rejection or failure, you'll never get anywhere.

You're obviously very young; just think about things this way, 'what's the worst that can happen'.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Paqman View Post
    You'll get through it, don't worry. Try doing something that makes you focus on things outside of yourself.
    And that.

I've been it situations where feelings aren't mutual. Never a fun place to be, but all you can do it move on.

I remember seeing this article on Facebook, it's a good read:
    http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/how-to-forget-her/

Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Just listen to some music to take your mind off of it. Not those soft sad songs though. Listen to some heavy metal. Always works for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast