Thread: WINE Installation Error

Beans

WINE Installation Error

I'm new to using Ubuntu and got recommended a download which was infact this program (WINE)

After going on the website and looking on YouTube on how to install it I had a go and mutiple times I have got an error message and have looked for a fix for this problem, I still can't find one.

I am using the version of Ubuntu 12.04 and the error code that I get when trying to install is -

Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    wine1.4: PreDepends: dpkg (>= 1.15.7.2~) but 1.16.1.2ubuntu7.1 is to be installed
             Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14) but 2.15-0ubuntu10.4 is to be installed
             Depends: wine1.4-amd64 (= 1.4.1-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa4) but 1.4.1-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa4 is to be installed
             Depends: wine1.4-i386 (= 1.4.1-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa4) but it is a virtual package
    Many thanks for your help!

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: WINE Installation Error

I don't know what the Youtube video tells you, But the easiest way is to simply install it from the Software Centre, just locate Wine and then click to install and that's it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    I don't know what the Youtube video tells you, But the easiest way is to simply install it from the Software Centre, just locate Wine and then click to install and that's it.
    Done that and via the terminal. On both occastions I get that error message.

Beans

I would just go to http://www.winehq.org/download , and upack the package using sudo dpkg <pkgname>, thats how i ended up having to do it

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Instead of installing Wine1.4, You should just install Wine, there may be a minor version difference,