Thread: Citrix Receiver installation

Beans

Question Citrix Receiver installation

I want to install Citrix Receiver under Ubuntu 12.04. There are 3 download files listed on the Citrix web site for x86 systems running Linux. They are .tar.gz, .rpm, and .deb. Which is the right one for Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop and how do I install it once downloaded? All of them say that they require OpenMotif 2.3.1. What is that and where can I get it?

Please be nice; I am a complete Linux newbie. I have already installed Citrix Receiver under Windows and Android so I'm not a complete dummy.
    I have still problems installing citrix on my 64bit system (Mint - KDE). I could install it on win7, on my blackberry, on my android-tablet and on an old 32bit Mint system.

The libmotiv (sudo apt-get install libmotif4) installation has worked - thank you. But when trying installing the receiver, I get the following information (sorry - german):

# sudo dpkg -i icaclient_12.1.0_amd64.deb

dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von icaclient_12.1.0_amd64.deb (--install):
    Auf das Archiv kann nicht zugegriffen werden: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    icaclient_12.1.0_amd64.deb

Has anyone an idea how to avoid these problems? i just want to work on the citrix area...
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; June 4th, 2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: added prefix

Beans

Re: Citrix Receiver installation

Post moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot