Thread: I actually had some threats.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I actually had some threats.

So, I downladed Clamav/tk and ran a scan and actually found 5 threats. All were from Mozilla and I don't think they were a threat to Linux, probably some kind of windows based threat but still, they were there. Got them deleted so all it well in Ubuntu land. Guess this just goes to show, Linux, Mac OS or windows you still need to scan for stuff on your 'puter.

Beans

Re: I actually had some threats.

TNFrank,
    I'm positive that some of the reported threats are false positives.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."
    says it all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Great Signature Tag line!
    Warprunner
    This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
    ...Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

Beans

Cache files of malicious websites can be picked up as malware. If it's showing it has to do with Mozilla/Firefox I'd bet that's what it is.
    sig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Man View Post
    Cache files of malicious websites can be picked up as malware. If it's showing it has to do with Mozilla/Firefox I'd bet that's what it is.
    Yep, it's something in the Mozilla cache. I'd also bet that tracking cookies would be picked up as well. There's also probably a ton of windows related stuff that I'll pick up that won't effect Linux but will still show up. I'm just glad I'm running an OS where I don't have to look over my shoulder ever second.