Thread: Hello all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Smile Hello all

It has been a REALLY long time since I was active but I'm still alive and around..Been traveling, chasing tornadoes the last few weeks across the Southern Plains and Oklahoma. Has anyone has trouble with the last few releases on a Toshiba L875 Laptop running 13.04? Wanted to get an opinion before I tried to install it and divide my partition..Thanks.
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans

Re: Hello all

Hi, welcome back. Chasing tornadoes you say?

Sorry can't help with the laptop issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Yes. Sadly we lost three good storm chasers this past week. I'll be headed to their funerals. I'll see if I can get an answer to my laptop problem. My desktop has been unable;e to be revived, so purchased this new machine.
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sox fan Matt View Post
    It has been a REALLY long time since I was active but I'm still alive and around..Been traveling, chasing tornadoes the last few weeks across the Southern Plains and Oklahoma. Has anyone has trouble with the last few releases on a Toshiba L875 Laptop running 13.04? Wanted to get an opinion before I tried to install it and divide my partition..Thanks.
    You can always create a usb thumb drive, and try it to see if it will work on your Toshiba

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The system installed flawlessly. Now to get it up to date and enjoy .