Thread: Unity 3D windows not snapping

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unity 3D windows not snapping

After restarting my computer (running 12.04), the windows no longer "snap" to half of the screen or to full screen when I drag them to the edges.
    Code:
    /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p
    reports no errors. I have attempted to get it working by restarting the computer again, but there was no change in behavior.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Unity 3D windows not snapping

Firt, you may try to check the settings in Compiz-config settings manager. The "Grid" plugin is responsible for this function. If that does not work, you may try to reset compiz: see http://www.webupd8.org/2011/04/how-t...-icons-or.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Awesome thank you. Using Compiz-config settings manager to uncheck grid eliminates the window filling up the display when you drag it to the top. I was looking for a way to turn that off. I prefer clicking the window full screen icon and never understood why we needed another annoying method that I didn't want. Sellecting full screen is much nicer than having the computer think I want full screen when really I just want a tall window so I can see the bottom of the page.

Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Sorry about not getting back about this. I don't know what happened, but the issue went away without further work on my part.