Thread: Jammin' June Screenshot Thread

Threaded View

Beans

Re: Jammin' June Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    The more that time passes, I am noticing two things. Strictly personal opinion here.

The more Gnome Shell grows, the more I love it.
    The more crap that is shoved into Unity via nonsense lenses, the more I dislike it.

Rocking Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 with Gnome 3 PPA @ 3.8.2. Absolutely freakin loving it. Stays out of my way when I need it to yet it also gets in my way when I need it to (via it's awesome message tray and notification system), and is all around quite a joy to use.

http://i.imgur.com/qdAgIRC.jpg
    Me too! The first time I tried it my thought was "okay, it looks nice, but I'm not sure if I'd want to use it all the time." I kept playing around with it in a live session, then eventually installed it. At this point, it's my favorite DE ever. It's very good for my work flow, gets out of the way when I need it to, is plenty customizable, and looks awesome. I can't speak for Unity as I haven't had any reason to try it recently, but the things I originally didn't like about it haven't changed. So anyway, here's my current desktop. Nothing too fancy, but the wallpaper does change to a different random photo of mine every 60 minutes.

Ubuntu Gnome 13.04 with Gnome 3.8 PPA. I have the applications menu, places menu, and weather indicator installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by montag dp; June 21st, 2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: blurred name