I have used a Konica-Minolta 1650EN for over 3 years on Ubuntu and LInux Mint and it has worked perfectly. I use the PPD http://www.konicaminolta.co.uk/busin...color%201650EN supplied by Konica Minolta.

For several months I have had problems where some prints don't work correctly. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a pattern of when a print does not work correctly. There are 2 errors I experience. The first is where I just get an Error Status page printed and the second is a page completely filled with characters as if a memory dump had been performed.

Sometimes by turning the printer on and off, together with restarting the program I am using will enable me to run the print OK. Other times I have to restart the PC.

I gave up trying to run Ubuntu 13.04 because it was nearly impossible to get any prints to work. I am currently using Ubuntu 12.04.

Although printing has worked on 12.04 I noticed that after updates had been applied printing became worse. So at the moment I have gone back to a clean install of 12.04 without applying any updates. I then locked the versions of cups, cups-bsd, cups-client, cups-common, cups-filters, cups-ppdc, ghostscript, ghostscript-cups and ghostscript-x before allowing any software updates.

It is noticeable that printing is not as fast as normal though.

Any suggestions please?