Thread: Missing files.

Beans

Unhappy Missing files.

Hi,

I have a problem with some of my photo albums in my ubuntu one account, there seems to be 3 months of photos that have not loaded properly, the dates are there, the date last modified is listed but not the actual photos.

I had to reinstall my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS system recently due to havng choosen the encryption option on initial install and changing the login password caused me to not be able to login after. I tried to recover the folders, but messed it up, to the point I was not able to login on any account.Therefore I was not able to back up anything before reinstalling.

I was given the option of partioning that drive, but did not see the point in doing so as it was encrypted and was not able to recover the files.

I have a deju-dup folder in my account, that i've not synced back to my computer, I have synced/merged the pictures folder to my computer.

I hope some one can help with this.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Missing files.

Are the files actually on the Ubuntu One server? If you log in through the web interface and go to the files listing, can you see them?

Beans

I would love to see an answer to the above problem also.I have 5g/b of photos on ubuntu one and can only see about half of them. the rest are detailed down to the photo but no photo. I have rebuilt recently and upgraded to 13.10 and zapped my pictures directory by mistake and now I have the evidence but no pictures on half of ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you've lost files, you can recover them as long as they were deleted in the last 60 days.

Otherwise, you're probably better off contacting Ubuntu One through the "contact us" on the website. They're not the fastest at replying, though.
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.