Thread: Notifications disappear instantly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Question Notifications disappear instantly.

Xubuntu 13.04, 64 bit, clean install.

When unmounting an external hard disk, a notification pops up, but I can't see what it says because it disappears a split second after appearing.

Applications menu, Settings manager, [Personal, ] Notifications: defaults changed to "Bottom right" and "15 seconds", but still the same problem. Other settings (unchanged): Theme: Greybird, Opacity: 85%.

I minimized everything except Thunar, which I restored so not to cover the desktop at the bottom, but the notification still disappeared after a split second after unmounting the disk.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Notifications disappear instantly.

Muting the sound shows the notification correctly for the specified number of seconds (set back to the default of 10).

Beans
    Distro

bump

Beans

It advises that data needs to be written to the device before it can be removed...
    When the message disappears, you can remove the device safely.
    I agree that it is too brief to read (took me a few tries to catch it) - on the other hand, if it remained there for 10 seconds unnecessarily (while the data has been written and the device could be removed after 1 second), that would not be desirable either, so a decision could have been made not to follow the setting for other notifications.