Thread: Latest updates have killed my wireless!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Latest updates have killed my wireless!

I just tog the latest updates for ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin).

Last night, I restarted my computer after installation, and now my wireless device isn't working. Given how this is my sole means of internet access, I'm a little worried, to say the least.

I had a previous issue with this (chronicled here), and had it fixed by blacklisting some drivers.

Since then, I re-attempted all of the instructions in the linked thread), but they were ineffective.

Oddly, when I boot vista, the wireless works fine. This makes me sure that it had to do with one of the 35 updates which I installed. It has to be one of these ones (assuming that this site does what I believe it to do and that my link is working).

Is there any way to narrow it down to pick out individual packets which are the problem? Or do I have ti disable/uninstall each of them individually?

How do I even go about doing that on the command line?

Please find attached the list of commands from lsmod (regrettably, I forgot how to recreate netinfo.txt)

Attachment 243061
    Last edited by UncleAsriel; May 27th, 2013 at 03:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Latest updates have killed my wireless!

Here is a list of the updates I installed yesterday - the question becomes, which one is the problem?

Attachment 243096

Beans

I have had the same problem, with the same module. The module seems to disappear every now and then, but I've always been able to solve it by following the instructions in post #13 of the link you provided.

I am no expert(!) but did you get any errors when running
    Code:
    sudo ./install.sh

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi, you more then likey need to install the driver again because the kernel was updated.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wild Man: I installed the driver again. I had the same file I downloaded when I initially had the problem on my desktop, and ran. I was told that there was an error installing it.

Jock123: I will try that now.

[EDIT]Reinstalled Ubuntu. The problem has been repaired. Ugly fix but it worked.

Problem solved. Thread closed. Thanks, everyone!
    Last edited by UncleAsriel; May 27th, 2013 at 03:55 AM.