Thread: Proud to wear the crown...

Beans

Proud to wear the crown...

I don't want anything reversed. I have been "censored", it is my opinion that this is clear evidence of bias on Elfy's part.

I'm proud to bear the mark of a mistreaded individual. I am pretty sure though that the infraction upgrade I recieved is improper, due to the ambigous nature of my response.

As I have not recieved any futher infractions. It seems clear then that no further 'rules' have been broken, just some annoyed moderators.

I don't expect a favorable ruling. And as I said, I don't want the infractions removed. Only the infraction of the infractions acknowledged.

Best Regards,
    Lord Delta

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Proud to wear the crown...

I have reviewed the posts that you have made within the last twenty four hours and several of them were borderline trolling. There is no problem with you having strong views about certain things, nor expressing such views, but there is a problem with posting in a provocative way, which is what you have been doing. A particular post was reported, thus coming to the attention of staff, was judged to have crossed a line, and you received a warning for it. A warning is simply intended to remind you of the need to stay within the forum Code of Conduct when posting, and is not particularly significant in the scheme of things. Unfortunately, you then chose to inflame the situation with unacceptable private messages to staff, and the end result is that you have been put on moderation so that posts of yours have to be approved by staff before they can be seen publicly.

Unfortunately, the reason for the moderation infraction appears to have passed you by. At least one of your moderated posts (invisible to all but forum staff) is not acceptable, and the title of this thread tells me much about your attitude to the Code of Conduct and to the role of moderating staff. So it would seem that you still have not grasped the need to attend to your posting style.

In my opinion, the infraction that has put you on moderation was justified, and...

Quote Originally Posted by LordDelta View Post
    I don't want the infractions removed.
    I am happy to abide by this expressed wish.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

*nod*

That response was entirely forseeable. I don't expect the blind to see the light immediately.

At least one of your moderated posts (invisible to all but forum staff) is not acceptable, and the title of this thread tells me much about your attitude to the Code of Conduct and to the role of moderating staff. So it would seem that you still have not grasped the need to attend to your posting style.
    You are quite right. I remain oblivious. And you are correct about my attitude of the moderating staff; they have convinced my they don't know what they are doing in the least.

Which, is what this post is about; I'm a living example of their inappropriate conduct (and not the only one I see).

Beans

I suppose I should clear the air with the 'Code of Conduct'; the staff have done nothing at all to demonstrate my willingness to not 'attend to my posting style', and any messages which I have sent to any staff are well within my right to express my position, or to (politely) mock. Laughing is not a crime. If it is, perhaps you should ammend the 'Code of Conduct' to include a clause stating the police state nature of this forum (and to outlaw humor, fun, games, and positive behavior). It is my opinion that your staff are breaking their own rules, creating an air of unpositive behavior here.

XD

The staff have been bent on interpreting the posting style however which way they feel like, which is the real infraction here.

And, of course, yet again I don't expect this to change anything; Rome was not changed in a day either.

And, as both of my 'infractions', are as you say, invisible the public, perhaps I should lay them out in full light for all to see what I see;

In the first, I am falsely accused of insulting someone whom I never insult:

Dear LordDelta,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Insulted staff
    -------
    IF you have an issue with moderation policy take it to the Resolution Centre.

And I will try to Ignore the peacemakers making questionable decisions.

Idiots are every where I turn. I should learn to be more tolerant.
    Yes, perhaps you should.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums
    Of course, you will find the 'objectionable' word in the second line directed at no one in particular. Unless you've only recently learned to use English, you can see that I'm decrying a general state of affairs. Of course, what I percieve to be intolerance and a happy trigger finger result in strike 'one'.

Secondly

Dear LordDelta,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Permanent Moderation
    -------
    Then you'll be put on moderation so that all your posts can be checked prior to them being released.
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12664095
    No
    All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums
    Of course, here, again, we see that Elfy has inappropriately decided that a 'No' means whatever he feels like it does.

I do believe Ubuntu should formally decide to try to outlaw the use of the negatory or nill state, I do believe most of its software should cease to function.

This is plainly ridiculous. XD

Finally, I apologize for the 'double post', but this appears to be the fault of your own software, which will not allow me to edit my previous post.

Beans

No.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

There is nothing wrong with the software.

It is setup in this forum so that users are not able to edit their posts after the fact.

It is obvious that you have no intention of abiding by the Code of Conduct and instead wish to play games in here.

To that end I wish you good luck elsewhere.