Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how could i stop DDoS attack

Beans

Re: how could i stop DDoS attack

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    It seems like you're an ordinary home user, yet you complain of being DDoS'ed. It sounds very unusual for an ordinary person to be DDoS'ed - it's a lot of effort and expense to DDoS somebody, so an attacker normally would go after a major website instead of a single person.

What exactly is happening to your computer, that makes you think you are being DDoS'ed?
    i run a dedicated game server from my home. and thats where all the problem jumps in. i keep monitoring the network usage on my internet from time to time. it averages at 5-6mpbs. but when the ddos kicks in the bandwidth (15mbps) is completely saturated and the internet stops working.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Here's the router I'm using, in my home: http://www.netgear.com/business/prod...s/fvs318g.aspx

It provides lots of network hardening features, including hardware denial-of-service protection.

Works pretty good (despite what some amateur "reviewers" say)
    this is off topic and I'm sorry, because I can't provide much info on this, other than contacting your ISP like said above, but I have a question? the widget on the side of your screen, is that purely conky?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If it is a DDoS, there is nothing you can do without spending loads of money.

For my money though, I think you are just experiencing how much load a game server can experience at peak periods.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by lemonoid View Post
    this is off topic and I'm sorry, because I can't provide much info on this, other than contacting your ISP like said above, but I have a question? the widget on the side of your screen, is that purely conky?
    Yes, Conky. The weather parser is called ConkyWX.

There's a HOWTO link in my sig, if you're interested...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12