Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FTP Users problem

Beans

Re: FTP Users problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Noodén View Post
    If you block SSH with iptables (firewall) then SFTP will be blocked, too. If you want only SFTP but not SSH , see the trick above.
    My new idea was installing a control panel on a web host to start & stop the servers. The panel will use a ubuntu account to SSH to the VPS.

After that I will create 2 folders inside that account homefolder one for each server, and arrange a way to give them FTP access to change the files.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Di0g0 View Post
    My new idea was installing a control panel on a web host to start & stop the servers. The panel will use a ubuntu account to SSH to the VPS.

After that I will create 2 folders inside that account homefolder one for each server, and arrange a way to give them FTP access to change the files.
    You could have a shell script with a short menu of actions to start the servers and such and tie the ssh key (the one on the server in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys) to that script. It's sounding more like keys might be the way to go. One key to start/stop/reload the server another key for SFTP. Making a web UI would add a lot of complexity.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Noodén View Post
    You could have a shell script with a short menu of actions to start the servers and such and tie the ssh key (the one on the server in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys) to that script. It's sounding more like keys might be the way to go. One key to start/stop/reload the server another key for SFTP. Making a web UI would add a lot of complexity.
    But in the SAMP case, the only way to stop that kind of servers is killing their PID. Is there anyway to create a key to stop samp servers killing a random PID?

Also

About my new ideia, I have a web panel that connects via SSH to the machine to start & stop servers, the problem is that the panel doesn't have any web ftp option so I need a way to upload files to FTP to a specific folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

kill pkill

In the SAMP case, is the PID saved in a file? Often servers will store their PID in a special log file which can then be used to kill the file.

Code:
    kill -HUP $(cat /var/run/samp.pid)
    Or else maybe pkill can be used to kill it by name. If you have the exact name of the program, it should work like this:

Code:
    pkill -HUP -x sampd
    Where instead of 'sampd' you would write the name of the SAMP server program.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123