Thread: Some Wish and Question about LibreOffice 4

Beans

Some Wish and Question about LibreOffice 4

1. LibreOffice 4 menu lost the highlight when tracked. Other application has it menu highlighted.
    2. Is there any faster keyboard shortcut to reach any menu item in menu bar (using mnemonics)? I don't like to press right arrow 6 times to get to "Data" menu. Perhaps, the Alt+D should work. But all the "Alt" key brings unity to show up. Any LibreOffice shortcut keyboard with alt combo (Alt+.....) doesn't work.
    3. Office expert users rarely using mouse. Expert Excel users did 95% of their activity using keyboard. When using LibreOffice calc, become 50:50 of using keyboard:mouse, and slowing down the task.

I hope there is good solution for this annoying problem.

Is there same problem in other desktop? Gnome or KDE?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Some Wish and Question about LibreOffice 4

In KDE you set your own shortcuts. so i haven't seen alt being problematic there.

i bet you could also set unity to appear at something else than alt. not using it so i can't really give advice on that.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans

Already sets the unity HUD to other keyboard, but still the "Alt+F for "File"" or something didn't work.
    I just found several minutes ago that this is confirmed as a bug.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/739184

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Promises to fix LO's menus "with the next release" have been made since the introduction of HUD (10.10, I think...). Things have been fixed, but they've never been brought to the point of everything working right. I must be a fool for holding my breath.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by seruling View Post
    Already sets the unity HUD to other keyboard, but still the "Alt+F for "File"" or something didn't work.
    I just found several minutes ago that this is confirmed as a bug.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/739184
    However this bug seems to have been closed. The temporary solution I am using is to uninstall libreoffice-gtk and libreoffice-gnome but there are definitely drawbacks to this. If anyone has a better way, let us know. Otherwise we'll need to look for ideas on how to fix the problem. People certainly cannot work without menus (except via mouse or, perhaps, <alt+F10>.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I did notice under Unity Tweak that a keyboard shortcut Alt+F10 was listed for opening the first menu. It's a far cry from the traditional menu control, but it's a small first step.

Edit: Oops, just realized philip already knew that.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!