Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

I've been trying to make a new install of Saucy, but the Daily Builds of the past few days haven't been working for me. The plymouth splash comes up, the dots churn around for a while and then it fails with the error message 'unable to find a medium containing a live file system'.

This is the 64-bit iso - perhaps I'll give 32-bit a try. I used unetbootin to make a USB as I have been doing for years without a problem.

Is anyone else running into this? Any insights/workarounds?

TIA

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

I had that problem on the daily builds of 13.04 when i was going to first install it during development a few months ago...later in the cycle they started to work properly, and the live isos of 13.10 were also working properly until now...

Try this (this worked for me when they were bad) as soon as the plymouth splash comes up, don't wait for the dots to appear...immediately hit your enter key which should bring up the language screen and then press any key and you should get a selection that asks you if you want to go to live session or install...i would select live session first, then it should go into the live session and install from there...

I'd be curious to know if this works for you...let me know...and this should work with the 64 bit iso, so try that first...
    Last edited by craig10x; May 25th, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I also had this from the first days of the Raring cycle. It was months before I could get a Raring daily image that would run a live session. I tried all sorts, even ticking every F6 option. That worked but very slowly. I still have a Raring DVD that I marked with acpi=off and irqpoll to boot parameters. Making those two changes was the only way I could a Raring image to load to a live session for months.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

This is one of those "its your hardware issues". I have been able to run the livecd and install into my system. See my hardware below. Usually I'm just the opposite, and can't install.

edit: also, I'm zsync'ing to this amd64 : "http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/saucy-desktop-amd64.iso.zsync"
    Last edited by VMC; May 25th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    I've been trying to make a new install of Saucy, but the Daily Builds of the past few days haven't been working for me. The plymouth splash comes up, the dots churn around for a while and then it fails with the error message 'unable to find a medium containing a live file system'.

This is the 64-bit iso - perhaps I'll give 32-bit a try. I used unetbootin to make a USB as I have been doing for years without a problem.

TIA

Yep .. it's foobared on one of my ATi sets. A first time for me!! This olde workhorse has never failed with <nomodeset>.

same error message.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    I had that problem on the daily builds of 13.04 when i was going to first install it during development a few months ago...later in the cycle they started to work properly, and the live isos of 13.10 were also working properly until now...

Try this (this worked for me when they were bad) as soon as the plynouth splash comes up, don't wait for the dots to appear...immediately hit your enter key which should bring up the language screen and then press any key and you should get a selection that asks you if you want to go to live session or install...i would select live session first, then it should go into the live session and install from there...

I'd be curious to know if this works for you...let me know...and this should work with the 64 bit iso, so try that first...
    I will give it a try a little later, and let you know...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post

TIA
    i filed a bug anout it on lunchpad https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1184066 if you have the problem mark it as affecting you

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cpatrick08 View Post
    i filed a bug anout it on lunchpad https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1184066 if you have the problem mark it as affecting you
    Thanks for filing the bug - I have marked it as affecting me.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post

Try this (this worked for me when they were bad) as soon as the plynouth splash comes up, don't wait for the dots to appear...immediately hit your enter key which should bring up the language screen and then press any key and you should get a selection that asks you if you want to go to live session or install...i would select live session first, then it should go into the live session and install from there...

Hitting 'enter' does not have any result. Hitting F6 generates the following:

/sbin/udevadm: not found
    can't open /dev/sr0: No medium found

Guess we'll just have to wait until they fix it.

Beans

same problem for me too on 64 bit iso

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast