Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Could be. Had no trouble until a few days ago. Just gotta wait, I suppose. They'll fix it by and by - the bug's been filed and all who are experiencing this problem should 'me too' it...
    With the i386 zsync .. still nothing. It hasn't budged for days. All reads 100%. Literally it's 'bricked'!

edit*

My apologies .. that is :

saucy-desktop-i386.iso
    Last edited by ventrical; May 28th, 2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: addo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    With the i386 zsync .. still nothing. It hasn't budged for days. All reads 100%. Literally it's 'bricked'!

I tried yesterday's Ubuntu Gnome daily build, and physically burned it to a CD. This time I was able to get to the F6 options, and actually was able to complete the installation. It seemed normal, but when I rebooted, GDM would just freeze at the first click or key press. I tried fiddling with different kernels and nvidia drivers or just nouveau, but no dice. Hopefully there will be a new one to try later today. I'd like to see how Saucy is doing!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I installed Saucy a while back but, just like Raring I could not install it with my USB drive connected. I normally leave it on and accessible.

But, the installer just hung there forever. I unmounted it, turned it off and then it installed without a hitch.

Pretty sure even when I installed Raring final release it did the same. I have gotten used to unmounting and turning off that USB drive when installing any Ubuntu iso.

Just my 2 cents.

Beans
    Distro

We're back in the saddle again.

reading seed file ./saucy-desktop-i386.iso: ***Read ./saucy-desktop-i386.iso. Target 88.0% complete.
    reading seed file saucy-desktop-i386.iso:
    Last edited by ventrical; May 29th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu live USB saucy session saucy-desktop-i386.iso better than ever as usual ! Writing this from live usb of todays zsync.

regards
    Last edited by ventrical; May 29th, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Beans

havent been able to get either the Ubuntu Gnome version or the regular version of 13.10 to install correctly on my desktops. For the gnome version, I get to the sign in screen and then nothing works - can't sign in, keyboard does not work and the mouse moves around but nothing is clickable. For the regular 13.10 Ubuntu install, for some odd reason it looks like the install blows away the ubuntu partition and then the box can't find any bootable media.

Haven't had time to troubleshoot lately. I'll give it another go around with the extra desktop I have and see where things end up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123