Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

I've been trying to make a new install of Saucy, but the Daily Builds of the past few days haven't been working for me. The plymouth splash comes up, the dots churn around for a while and then it fails with the error message 'unable to find a medium containing a live file system'.

This is the 64-bit iso - perhaps I'll give 32-bit a try. I used unetbootin to make a USB as I have been doing for years without a problem.

Is anyone else running into this? Any insights/workarounds?

TIA

Beans
    Distro

Re: Trouble with Daily Builds the past couple of days...

I had that problem on the daily builds of 13.04 when i was going to first install it during development a few months ago...later in the cycle they started to work properly, and the live isos of 13.10 were also working properly until now...

Try this (this worked for me when they were bad) as soon as the plymouth splash comes up, don't wait for the dots to appear...immediately hit your enter key which should bring up the language screen and then press any key and you should get a selection that asks you if you want to go to live session or install...i would select live session first, then it should go into the live session and install from there...

I'd be curious to know if this works for you...let me know...and this should work with the 64 bit iso, so try that first...
    Last edited by craig10x; May 25th, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    I had that problem on the daily builds of 13.04 when i was going to first install it during development a few months ago...later in the cycle they started to work properly, and the live isos of 13.10 were also working properly until now...

Try this (this worked for me when they were bad) as soon as the plynouth splash comes up, don't wait for the dots to appear...immediately hit your enter key which should bring up the language screen and then press any key and you should get a selection that asks you if you want to go to live session or install...i would select live session first, then it should go into the live session and install from there...

I'd be curious to know if this works for you...let me know...and this should work with the 64 bit iso, so try that first...
    I will give it a try a little later, and let you know...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post

Try this (this worked for me when they were bad) as soon as the plynouth splash comes up, don't wait for the dots to appear...immediately hit your enter key which should bring up the language screen and then press any key and you should get a selection that asks you if you want to go to live session or install...i would select live session first, then it should go into the live session and install from there...

Hitting 'enter' does not have any result. Hitting F6 generates the following:

/sbin/udevadm: not found
    can't open /dev/sr0: No medium found

Guess we'll just have to wait until they fix it.

Beans

same problem for me too on 64 bit iso

Beans
    Distro

I would have to go along with the hardware theory, as I have had no trouble at all booting/installing the Saucy dailies. I'm running the build from 5/24 right now. Perhaps in the progression of the kernels some hardware support hasn't caught up yet? (Total guess as I'm not an expert)
    HP 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, A10-APU ATI Radeon HD 8650G

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tdockery97 View Post
    I would have to go along with the hardware theory, as I have had no trouble at all booting/installing the Saucy dailies. I'm running the build from 5/24 right now. Perhaps in the progression of the kernels some hardware support hasn't caught up yet? (Total guess as I'm not an expert)
    Could be. Had no trouble until a few days ago. Just gotta wait, I suppose. They'll fix it by and by - the bug's been filed and all who are experiencing this problem should 'me too' it...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

It always pains me to say this, but the newest builds booted/installed just fine for me

My AMD chip has never steered me wrong. However, look out once Unity 8 comes!

Beans
    Distro

Finally (!) installed, up, and running. zsync hasn't shown any change in the last couple days (if I'm running it right) and install attempts each day would "freeze" early in ubiquity.

For whatever reason saucy amd64 iso (I boot directly from the hard disk with a 40_custom entry) came up and installed O.K. today. Haven't had any luck getting the /var/crash reports to report to Launchpad.

Now got quite a few "internal errors" example Compiz, Nautilus, Unity Panel Service.

BTW, since my Acer C7 Chromebook uses Google-Chrome and so does my Nook HD+, so I installed Google-Chrome-Beta (not chromium). Why? Last I was zsync using saucy with Firefox up, Firefox ran slower and slower and finally stopped. zsync ran merrily on and finished.

Beans
    Distro

Am I looking in the wrong place? It's 28 May and the Saucy Daily Build is dated 25 may.

apt-get update is still finding stuff every day, example 24 MB today, obviously not going into the daily build .iso.

?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast