Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laptop locked up twice. What does this syslog entry mean?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Laptop locked up twice. What does this syslog entry mean?

I'm getting "signond[25526]: ../../../../src/signond/signondaemon.cpp 360 init Failed to SUID root. Secure storage will not be available." in my syslog too. However my system only temporarily locks up between 5 and 30 seconds, then runs normally again.

Running 13.04 on a 1st-gen i7-based Xeon (Bloomfield) with NVIDIA Quadro graphics.
    "By entering this room, you agree to forfeit your own soul rather than negotiate with the mortal residing therein." -xkcd 501

Beans

Anybody who is having issues, hit up this bug report I posted and hit the "this affects me too" option. Also feel free to post details of your system and what you experienced. The more people having issues, the sooner this will be fixed, I'm sure.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...l/+bug/1188774
    HOW TO - Set up video surveillance with "Motion"

Buying a Lenovo? Do your research first!
    Some Lenovos have a whitelisted BIOS which prevents you from changing the wifi card.

Beans

Anybody have anymore input on this? I was doing so well for about 5 days. Absolutely no lockups. Then I got hit with one last night.

I wish I had the 5-30 lockup issue. One night when it locked up, I just plugged it in and let it go all night to see if it would recover. Nope. Still fully locked by morning.
    HOW TO - Set up video surveillance with "Motion"

Buying a Lenovo? Do your research first!
    Some Lenovos have a whitelisted BIOS which prevents you from changing the wifi card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12