Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Asus X201E-DH01 good enough?

Beans

Re: Is the Asus X201E-DH01 good enough?

I don't play games but from what I've read you probably are going to be closer to the $1000 range for a decent "gaming" computer..
    "I've asked you a million times not to exaggerate!"
    iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Will the game you want to play work on a entry level Intel GPU
    that is the most important detail we need to know
    you may want to look at a amd apu based system
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

The steam games using the source engine are not that gpu intensive so you should get away with a midrange laptop gpu I reckon. Look for a laptop which has a nVidia GPU.

Do you a have a specific list of games in mind and a allowable budget? This info would help in providing recommendations. Also which country do you live in so we can provide links to stuff available to you locally.

Beans

I don't play games a lot, but when I do I want them to work. Here's a list of games I might play: team forttress two, mine craft,some of the FPS in the Ubuntu app store, and in browser flash games on sites like armor games.

I guess I'll save through the summer and I'll be able to pay up to $1500. I live in the USA.

Ive been looking around and I found some computers I like in that range. I didn't see that this thread had two pages, so inpatient me start a new thread more on that subject (sorry mods ). Link: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post12673851

In it I wrote in more detail what I'm looking for.

Thanks so much for your help!
    tahdas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12