Thread: MONO & .netframework

Beans

MONO & .netframework

Anyone had any luck installing Netframework under MONO? If so, can you point me to a website that gives details on how this is done?

Thanks

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: MONO & .netframework

You might read the manpage about Mono, as its the free .Net implementation with Linux. So your request is a non sense.
    In case you need 'strictly' .Net for an app, then wine (winehq) is able by default to run it (at least 3.5)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    You might read the manpage about Mono, as its the free .Net implementation with Linux. So your request is a non sense.
    In case you need 'strictly' .Net for an app, then wine (winehq) is able by default to run it (at least 3.5)
    Sorry you think my question is non sense. Actually I tried to install netframework under wine and it was useless. And I need .NetFramework 4.0 or better.

I've done a bit of searching and while I find info that says it can be done, I'm not finding anything on how this is to be done and if it actually works once it is done.

But thanks, anyway.

Beans

You should read through the test results on the linked WineHQ page ... but they're not encouraging: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=17886
    Ubuntu 15.04 Mate, Mint 17.1; MS Win 8.1, Win10 TP.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Beans

After doing a bit more searching, I think that what I want to do is not possible and that's mainly because I did not fully understand MONO and its uses. I'm going to mark the thread solved.

Only on this new forum, I can't find the option to mark this solved.
    Last edited by Curtis6767; May 24th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.