Thread: Varnish and Memcached

Beans

Question Varnish and Memcached

hi,

Would anyone help me please configure Varnish to use Memcahced? Both on the same server. Memcahced is using all default configuration. I'm not very much aware of Varnish extensions.

Please help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

Re: Varnish and Memcached

Thanks a lot Sandy. I have seen that. But im not very much sure what to do. I dont have GNU Autotools installed. So how to get GNU Autotools installed? Whats next to be done after GNU Autotools installed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Varnish and Memcached

Just install
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    should install autotools.

FYI, I think that the memcached module will only work when is compiled along with Varnish - meaning that you will have to compile Varnish as well.

Personally, I think that Varnish is already top of the performance without adding anything extra. Most of the other things will have to do with how the page actually loads things (See Google Pagespeed for Apache, and Google Pagespeed for Nginx which is in my signature), and technologies such as SPDY (for SSL). Compressing the page and/or using a CDN to reach places that your server is far from also helps.

A setup like Varnish -> Nginx -> php5-fpm (xcache) is already quite fast if Varnish is tuned properly (i.e. stripping cookies where appropriate to allow Varnish to cache things) as Varnish serves from memory
    Last edited by sandyd; May 26th, 2013 at 03:57 AM.